Manufacturing products in New Zealand

Image of a Customs officer inspecting goods at a vineyard

If you produce goods such as alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, motor vehicle fuels, or foods containing alcohol – then there are a number of things you need to know and rules you need to follow. 

There may be requirements, for instance, that your premises be licensed as a Customs controlled area; that you pay excise duty on the goods that you produce; and that you work closely with the New Zealand Customs Service on matters of audit and review. 

There may also be situations where you can purchase duty-free alcohol: if it is an important constituent in your product, or if its use is in some way necessary for your business. 

In this section you can learn about excisable goods and excise duties; and how to become licensed to produce and store these classes of goods.

Within this section

Related events

There are currently no events listed in this category...

View all events

Related common questions

There are currently no common questions listed in this category...

View all common questions