Licensing, exemptions & procedures

Products which are made of, or contain, alcohol, tobacco or fuels are all excisable goods.

If you wish to produce excisable goods, your premises will need to be licensed as a Customs controlled area – or licensed manufacturing area. As a manufacturer of excisable goods you will be liable for excise duty when your goods leave the manufacturing area. 

Find out more about the licensing procedure and your obligations as a manufacturer of excisable goods.

Within this section

  • Licensing process

    ​How to become licensed as a manufacturing area. Information on gaining an offsite storage licence

  • Exemptions

    ​An exemption exists when manufacturing excisable goods for your own personal use.

Related events

There are currently no events listed in this category...

View all events

Related common questions

There are currently no common questions listed in this category...

View all common questions