- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Customer satisfaction surveys
Customs routinely carries out research into our customers’ satisfaction with the service that they received from us.
Most surveys are carried out via email, by members of the Business Performance team. When the results of surveys have been analysed, they are published here.
These surveys allow us to report our performance for accountability purposes and they also identify opportunities for improvement through providing a perspective on the service from the customer’s viewpoint.
Both surveys are based on the Common Measurement Tool (CMT), a standard set of survey questions licensed by the State Services Commission. Using this standard tool allows benchmarking both against other organisations and against our own past performance. The latest survey and results can be found on the State Services Commission website.
Passenger Satisfaction Survey, Topline Report (2016) (PDF 193 KB).