- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
Wellington Customhouse is closed
Wellington Customhouse is closed for earthquake repair.
Following the 7.5 magnitude earthquake in North Canterbury on Monday 14 November 2016:
- Wellington Customhouse in the CBD has some cosmetic damage, and is closed until further notice
- Our Nelson office is now open
- Customs work areas in all other regions and locations are fully operational.
Wellington public who need to access Customs client services please call 04 901 4839 or email email@example.com.
Further updates will be included on this page as needed. For urgent matters call 0800 4 CUSTOMS (0800 4 28786).