- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled areas
- Excise forms and documents
Make an OIA request
If you wish to make a request for information, please ensure your request is as clear and specific as you can possibly make it.
Before making a request, please check our other sources of information.
We'll respond to you as soon as reasonably practical, and in any case not later than 20 working days after the day on which the request was received by Customs.
To make a request, you can:
If you make the request by phone or in person, we'll either confirm it in writing ourselves or, if we're not sure what you're seeking, we may ask if you'd mind putting it in writing.