- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
An email scam is currently circulating New Zealand involving Customs. Read more about it and be on the alert.
Top up your deferred account
Follow the instructions below to top up your deferred account.
Top up your account
In some cases, you may need clearance for items over your pre-approved credit limit. To stay within your limit, and enable us to release your items promptly, you can make a one-off “top up” payment by direct credit.
You can make the payment to:
- Account name: New Zealand Customs Service
- Account number: 03-0049-0000706-20
- Bank name:
Westpac Banking Corporation
New Zealand Government Branch
318 Lambton Quay
- Swift code: WPACNZ2W
Enter only your unique client code number as reference.
Please tell us at email@example.com if you’re topping up your account.
Increase your credit limit
You must apply to us in writing, and we will contact you if we need any further information.