- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled areas
- Excise forms and documents
Top up your deferred account
Follow the instructions below to top up your deferred account.
Import entries exceeding the credit limit by no more than 20% will be processed.
However, in some cases, you may need clearance for items over your pre-approved credit limit. To stay within your limit, and enable us to release your items promptly, you can make a one-off “top up” payment by direct credit.
Note: any top up payment allocated to your account prior to direct debit will offset the direct debit amount for that month.
You can make the payment to:
- Account name: New Zealand Customs Service
- Account number: 03-0049-0000706-20
- Bank name:
Westpac Banking Corporation
New Zealand Government Branch
318 Lambton Quay
- Swift code: WPACNZ2W
Enter only your unique client code number as reference.
Please tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re topping up your account.
Increase your credit limit
You can apply to us by email (email@example.com) quoting your client code and we'll contact you if we need any further information.