- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
Movement of critical supplies
Cross-border movement of critical supplies.
In response to COVID-19, Customs is working hard to help identify and expedite the border clearance of critical supplies.
Currently, personal protective equipment (PPE) is considered a high priority critical supply. As the situation continues to evolve, other types of goods may be considered critical supply in future.
The types of goods considered critical supplies of PPE currently include: face masks, gloves and gowns. Critical supplies may also include raw materials that are required in the domestic manufacturing of PPE.
To help facilitate critical supplies with urgency, Customs requests, if possible, the details of future or current imports / exports of PPE be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, or if your import or export is already at the border and you are experiencing delays by Customs or another agency, please do get in touch via the above email address so we can be of assistance.
Message to brokers
When entering the "goods description" in the entry; please state what the productis as per the invoice, i.e. KN95 face masks. This will enable us to identify if the goods are considered as a critical supply immediately.