- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
If you require any support from Customs during this time, please email your individual Customs contact in the first instance, or use their cellphone number rather than their landline. Where possible, we're working from home and will respond to you as quickly as we can.
Otherwise, our contact centre will remain open 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 0800 428 786, or you can use our enquiry form.
For urgent queries relating to freight, call 0800 428 786 or email email@example.com with "Urgent" in the subject line.
For any urgent clearances after these hours call 09 927 8059.
Customs is doing everything it can to protect New Zealand from the further spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time.