- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
Live animals - Pets
You must clear your pets through Customs and MPI when they arrive in the country.
Once you've received your documentation relating to your pet/pets arrival e.g. Airway bill, Biosecurity clearance etc. then please email scanned copies to email@example.com and note “Urgent – Live animals” in the subject line.
If you require urgent after hours assistance or clearance please email your request to ITOCTradeTargeting@customs.govt.nz.
You'll find full details on the importation of pets and animals, including all required documents, on Import pets and animals.