- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
Border clearance levy
People arriving and departing New Zealand must pay a border clearance levy.
Air travellers and people on private craft must pay:
- NZ$17.17 arrival levy including GST
- NZ$2.94 departure levy including GST.
Cruise passengers must pay:
- NZ$16.34 arrival levy including GST
- NZ$4.72 departure levy including GST.
These charges are included in your ticket when you book air travel or a cruise. We will send an invoice to private aircraft and yachts.
The Border Clearance Levy performance report for the year to 30 June 2019 is now available.