- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
New Health Promotion Agency (HPA) Levy rates for alcohol from 1 July 2018
The annual adjustment to the levy rates on alcoholic beverages will take place on 1 July 2018.
The new HPA rates are:
|Class||Current HPA rates to 30 June 2018 (per litre)||New HPA rates from 1 July 2018 (per litre)|
|A – 1.15–2.5 % alcohol||0.5409 cents per litre||0.5308 cents per litren|
|B – 2.5–6 % alcohol||1.6152 cents per litre||1.6111 cents per litre|
|C – 6–9% alcohol||2.8847 cents per litre||2.8308 cents per litre|
|D – 9–14% alcohol||3.6059 cents per litre||3.5385 cents per litre|
|E – 13-23% alcohol||6.4281 cents per litre||6.4722 cents per litre|
|F – more than 23% alcohol||12.4064 cents per litre||13.6100 cents per litre|
The Legislative Instrument that provides for these new rates is the New Zealand Public Health and Disability (Health Promotion Agency Levy) Order 2018.
Alcoholic beverages removed from a licensed manufacturing area or imported after midnight on 30 June 2018 will be subject to the new rates.
For further information see the Other charges section, or contact Customs on 0800 428 786 (0800 4 CUSTOMS).