- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
New excise duty rates for motor spirits
From 1 July 2019 the excise and excise-equivalent duty rates on motor spirits will be 66.524 cents per litre.
An increase of 3.5 cents per litre of motor spirit in the excise and excise-equivalent duty rates on motor spirits will take place on 1 July 2019 and on 1 July 2020.
The new rates are those set out in the Excise and Excise-equivalent Duties Table (Budget Measures - Motor Spirits) Amendment Act 2019.
Motor spirit products removed from a licensed manufacturing area or imported after midnight on 1 July 2019 will be subject to the new rates.