- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Record highs forecast this summer
Customs is ready for predicted record highs in travellers this summer.
The number of passengers travelling in and out of Auckland International Airport is expected to be over 4 million for the summer period, an increase of approximately 225,000 passengers from last year. We are also expecting a 35 percent increase in cruise ships arriving in Dunedin.
Improvements to our processes for cruise ship passenger arrivals and the removal of departure cards will assist this busy time of year.
If you’re travelling to New Zealand over this busy summer period, we have a number of useful links to help make your journey through the border as smooth as possible:
You can find more information about biosecurity requirements on the Ministry for Primary Industries website.
For more information on airport security, visit the Aviation Security Service website.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in relation to Customs requirements, you can contact us.