- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Coronavirus update 5 February: Travel restrictions are in place at the border. Only travellers arriving in NZ on flights from Australia, Singapore and the United States will be allowed to use eGates. All other travellers are now required to have their passports physically checked by a Customs officer. We ask for your ongoing understanding and patience as we protect NZ from the Novel Coronavirus. More information. If you have an immigration enquiry about travelling to NZ from China or transiting through China, please refer to the Immigration website.
Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy rate changes from 1 January 2020
There will be increases in levy rates that come under the Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy on 1 January 2020.
The Climate Change (Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Levies) Amendment Regulations 2019 (Schedules 1 and 2) set out the levy rate changes.
Find out more on the Ministry for the Environment’s website.