- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
On Monday 20 January it's Wellington Anniversary Day and Wellington Customhouse will be closed to the public and will reopen on Tuesday 21 January.
Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy changes from 1 January 2019
There will be increases in levy rates and additional goods that come under the Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy on 1 January 2019.
The Climate Change (Emissions Trading Scheme) Amendment Regulations 2018 (Schedule 2) provides for the levy rate changes and expansion of the Levy to some new goods and gases. You can find out more on the Ministry for the Environment's website.