Update to MPI Biosecurity System Entry Levy
MPI is increasing the Biosecurity System Entry Levy on 1 July 2019.
Levy rates are increasing to $26.45 including GST for imports which attract the IETF and $20.56 for imports which attract the ICTF.
The levy is paid to MPI and funds the costs of managing biosecurity risks from imported goods.
The new rates will provide additional:
- resources to inspect cargo at transitional facilities
- resources to clear cargo in Auckland
- scanning equipment at border facilities.
This increase, combined with the Import Entry Transaction Fee of $29.26, brings the total entry fees payable to $55.71.
The total fees for Inward Cargo Reports from 1 July will be:
- Air: $51.22 (ICTF of $30.66 and BSEL of $20.56)
- Sea: $380.38 (ICTF of $359.82 and BSEL of $20.56)