- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
There will be a planned outage at 5pm today for maintenance. The website may be temporarily unavailable for up to 15 minutes.
What's My Duty Mobile App removal
Customs duty estimator is the easy way to estimate how much duty and/or GST you may need to pay to Customs if you're buying goods from overseas.
Please note that if you have the 'What's my duty?' app downloaded on your mobile phone, it is no longer supported and will not be up-to-date. We recommend that you remove it.
You can use our up-to-date web-based app instead, at www.customs.govt.nz/wmd