- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
An email scam is currently circulating New Zealand involving Customs. Read more about it and be on the alert.
Customs produces a wide range of information to keep you informed about our work.
The information is considered correct at the date it was extracted from our database and may be amended or reviewed at any time. It will be made available unless there is a good reason to withhold it, eg preserving personal privacy and protecting information received in confidence.