Technical reference documents
Message Implementation Guidelines (MIGs) and associated documents.
Software developers should use the following MIGs to start development:
- Advance Notice of Arrival V1.0b (ZIP 471 KB)
- Advance Notice of Departure V1.0b (ZIP 440 KB)
- Cargo Report Export V1.1b (ZIP 558 KB)
- Excise Declaration V1.0b (ZIP 423 KB)
- Export Declaration V1.1b (ZIP 708 KB)
- Import Declaration V1.1b (ZIP 720 KB)
- Inward Cargo Report MIGs V1.0c (ZIP 1.9 MB)
- Outward Cargo Report V1.1b (PDF 462 KB)
B2B messaging information
The three documents below provide an overview of how to set up to direct connect to Trade Single Window (TSW), and how to get WCO3 messages software validated by Customs and MPI for use in production:
- TSW B2B On-boarding Overview (PDF 366 KB)
- Deed of Confidentiality to access the B2B Messaging Guide (PDF 51 KB)
- WCO3 Software Validation Overview (PDF 142 KB)
Inward Cargo Report process overview
The Process Overview for Air Freight and Process Overview for Sea Freight provide shipping lines, air lines, freight forwarders and software providers with an overview of the new ICR message and the associated new operational processes that apply.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact JBMS@Customs.govt.nz.