- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
Lodge your excise entry
If you’re newly licensed for the manufacture of alcohol, you must lodge excise entries every month for at least six months.
All new licensees – and existing licensees who’re paying monthly – must lodge excise entries within 15 working days from the end of the month the alcohol products were removed from the Customs-controlled area (CCA) or licensed off-site storage area.
Read more about alcohol entry and payment timeframes (PDF 151 KB).
If you make alcohol products, you must file an excise return for every agreed period for entry as recorded in your excise plan. If you hold specified alcohol products in your CCA but none are removed for home consumption during the period, then you must state a nil return on your excise entry.