Skip to main content
Page load in progress

Lodge your excise entry

If you’re newly licensed for the manufacture of alcohol, you must lodge excise entries every month for at least six months.

All new licensees – and existing licensees who’re paying monthly – must lodge excise entries within 15 working days from the end of the month the alcohol products were removed from the Customs-controlled area (CCA) or licensed off-site storage area.

Read more about alcohol entry and payment timeframes (PDF 151 KB).

If you make alcohol products, you must file an excise return for every agreed period for entry as recorded in your excise plan. If you hold specified alcohol products in your CCA but none are removed for home consumption during the period, then you must state a nil return on your excise entry.

See section 82 of the Act and the Customs (Nil Returns) Rules 2018 (PDF 177 KB)