COVID-19 update 26 March: Temporary entry restrictions remain in place at the NZ border – for more information please refer to either the Immigration NZ website or the Ministry of Health website. The border is open ONLY to NZ citizens and residents, Realm countries, Australian citizens and permanent residents ordinarily resident in NZ, airline and marine crew. More Customs’ information in relation to COVID-19 is available on this website. For more information about the NZ Government’s COVID-19 response, please refer to the official COVID-19 website.
Unless otherwise stated, the information on this website is protected by Crown copyright.
In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the material, as long as you attribute the work to the Crown and abide by the other licence terms.
The material on this website is licensed for use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 New Zealand licence. Find out how you can use certain material on this website under this licence.
- some material linked to, included in, or referenced on this website is owned by third parties, and retains the status accorded to it by the relevant third party. The licence referred to above does not apply to such material, and no licence to use that material is granted to a user of this website.
- no departmental or governmental emblem, logo, or Coat of Arms may be used in any way that infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981
- attribution to the Crown should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo, or Coat of Arms.
For information on Flags, Emblems and the Names Protection Act 1981, visit the NZ Legislation website.
If you publish, distribute, or otherwise disseminate this work to the public without adapting it, the following attribution to New Zealand Customs should be used:
“Source: New Zealand Customs Service and licensed by NZCS for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence."
If you adapt this work in any way or include it in a collection, and publish, distribute, or otherwise disseminate that adaptation or collection to the public, the following attribution to New Zealand Customs should be used:
"This work is based on/includes New Zealand Customs data which is licensed by New Zealand Customs Service for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence."
Supplier codes and names
The supplier codes and names datasets/publications are covered by the following Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives (CC BY-ND) licenses.
These licence allow you to redistribute the information, commercially and non-commercially, as long as you pass it along unchanged and in whole, with credit to you.
Tariff classifications and rates
To the best of our knowledge, under New Zealand law:
- There are no copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Tariff classifications and rates in New Zealand; and
- you can copy and re-use them in New Zealand without copyright or any other intellectual property right-related restriction.
We will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
If you want to use the information on this site for any other purpose, contact our web team at email@example.com.