MPI ready to go live with Risk & Intelligence project
05.36pm 18 June 2020
MPI advises they are getting ready to go live with the Risk & Intelligence (R&I) project.
This is a new risk assessment engine designed to identify MPI Biosecurity and Food Safety risk in Import Declarations (IM1) and internal workflow.
At this stage we are aiming to release this system on the weekend of 27th and 28th June.
We hope that the changes will be minimal for you but have outlined them below for your clarification.
Food Authority/Clearance Certificate (FACC) – MPI FOOD
The most visible change will only affect those of you who regularly import cargo that has any MPI Food risk. Once our new risk assessment engine is put into place – you will receive a new document called a Food Authority/Clearance Certificate (FACC). This document will look very similar to a BACC but will cover any requirements for high regulatory interest food imports. There is an example FACC attached (PDF 126 KB).
You will also only receive one initial response for MPI Bio cargo of interest. Previously you would receive an MPI HOLD and then receive a second response stating that the ‘Lodgement has been received by MPI – please await further direction’. These responses will now be sent at the same time. The actual BACC will then be sent separately within our normal timeframes.
MPI Bio and Food
There are range of new validation responses that you might receive if certain information is not included when you submit your declaration. They will require the information to be added to your declaration and resubmitted. Examples are:
- MPI HOLD. Please attach relevant docs and re-submit - Consignment is on hold until this information is submitted
- MPI HOLD. Unregistered importer - Consignment is on hold until registered importer is provided
- MPI HOLD. Intended use field is not completed - Consignment is on hold until this information is submitted
- MPI HOLD. Please indicate if beef - Consignment is on hold until this information is submitted
- MPI HOLD. The Transitional Facility provided is not current - Consignment is on hold until this information is submitted
- MPI HOLD. The Transitional Facility provided is not approved for receiving sea containers - Consignment is on hold until this information is submitted
If you resubmit an application that has some information of interest to MPI after you have already received a BACC/FACC or other MPI response – you might see the following response:
MPI HOLD. Previous directions rescinded, please await further update
Manual Food Referral (MFR)
There is now the ability to use an ‘Other Information Code’ of Manual Food Referral (MFR). This will function in a similar manner to the existing Manual Biosecurity Referral (MBR) code and force the import declaration through to us for action for the food risk.
Software provider confirmation
For clients that use a custom software to send import declarations to TSW – you should confirm with your software provider that these responses will come through correctly. These companies have access to a system where these changed responses can be obtained and tested.
Please feel free to contact the Target Evaluation Team on TargetEvaluator.Cargo@mpi.govt.nz if there are any questions.