- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Customs Credit Card Payment Portal will be unavailable from Friday 23 August 10:00pm until Sunday 25 August 11:00pm.
Export payments and refunds
When you export anything, you must pay an export entry transaction fee or an outward cargo transaction fee.
Export entry transaction fees
- NZ$12.01 (including GST) – items you’re exporting under the Secure Exports Scheme (SES)
- NZ$17.94 (including GST) – items you’re not exporting under an SES.
Outward cargo transaction fees
- NZ$11.51 (including GST) – every ECI for items you’re exporting by air
- NZ$28.83 (including GST) – every ECI for items you’re exporting by sea.
If you re-import items for which you claimed a duty/GST refund or drawback, you must pay the usual duty and other applicable charges.