- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
COVID-19 update: New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1 except for Auckland which is at Alert Level 2. Travel restrictions are in place at the border. There are no restrictions on the movement of freight. Visit the COVID-19 section of this website, or the official COVID-19 website, for more information.
Travel movements request
Requests for individual's travel movements.
Customs protects New Zealand by stopping dangers, hazards or threats from entering the country. To do this we collect information about people, craft and goods that cross New Zealand’s borders.
Customs officers analyse this information to check for risk and to stop it before it crosses the border.
You have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to request access to any information about you that we hold. This covers all personal information, including about your travels.
If you would like to request your travel movement details, please follow the instructions below.
The following documents are required to support the request:
- A signed letter stating what information is required. This letter must also include the applicant’s postal address and email address. (Please note, we cannot accept electronic signatures.)
- A copy of a current signed ID, eg, Passport or Drivers Licence (if the request covers a maiden name as well, please provide a copy of your Marriage Certificate).
These requests can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Or posted to:
Passenger Movement Checks
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2594
Please note that these requests may take up to 20 working days to process.
Travel movements are only available from approximately mid 1990s. We are unable to provide information prior to this approximate date.