- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
There will be a planned outage at 5pm today for maintenance. The website may be temporarily unavailable for up to 15 minutes.
You won't be able to receive your item/s until you've paid duties and GST on it.
There are a number of ways to pay us:
- you will need your Customs entry or invoice number, on the top right corner of your invoice
- there is an additional 1.9% charge for all credit card payments - visit our Credit Card Payment Portal.
Note: We do not accept credit card payments over the telephone as the CSV code is private to the card owner and should not be shared with another person.
Internet banking using "pay a bill"
- search for and select New Zealand Customs Service as the payee
- in the “particulars” field, enter your Customs entry or invoice number, on the top right corner of your invoice.
Direct internet banking
- you must pay using New Zealand dollars
- account name: New Zealand Customs Service
- account number: 03-0049-0000706-20
Westpac Banking Corporation
New Zealand Government Branch
318 Lambton Quay
Swift code: WPACNZ2W
Please be advised that cheques will be accepted, however the delivery order for any shipment will only be given once the cheque is cleared, and could take up to five days. Regular importers should consider applying for a Client Deferred account.
- send a cheque payable to New Zealand Customs Service
- send a copy of the invoice to:
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 73-003
Watch our video on how to pay Customs charges.