This information is for businesses of any size that export goods.
There are seven new services or initiatives that may have an impact on your business.
For the quick summary of what’s changed, please watch the overview of the Act and the guide to the new services and initiatives.
The new services and initiatives that may affect your business are listed below. Any impact will be dependent upon how your business operates. That is, export only or import and export. Select the change you want to learn about. For more detail, there are PDFs below which you can download. User guides, policy documents and forms for these changes are on Customs website.
Below, you’ll find some more information to help you prepare for the new Act.
- Provisional values: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Compensatory interest and late payment penalties: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Administrative penalties: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Administrative reviews: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Joint Border Management System: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Storing business records: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Infringement Notice Scheme page
- Infringement Notice Scheme - FAQ
If you prefer to look at all information by topic, visit the Information Library.
There are also changes to existing functions that may affect your business.