- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
This information is for businesses of any size that export goods.
There are seven new services or initiatives that may have an impact on your business.
For the quick summary of what’s changed, please watch the overview of the Act and the guide to the new services and initiatives.
The new services and initiatives that may affect your business are listed below. Any impact will be dependent upon how your business operates. That is, export only or import and export. Select the change you want to learn about. For more detail, there are PDFs below which you can download. User guides, policy documents and forms for these changes are on Customs website.
Below, you’ll find some more information to help you prepare for the new Act.
- Provisional values: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Compensatory interest and late payment penalties: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Administrative penalties: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Administrative reviews: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Joint Border Management System: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Storing business records: At a Glance - PDF - FAQ
- Infringement Notice Scheme page
- Infringement Notice Scheme - FAQ
If you prefer to look at all information by topic, visit the Information Library.
There are also changes to existing functions that may affect your business.