- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
View any Customs bills and associated documents currently being considered by parliament.
There is currently one Customs bill before Parliament – the Customs and Excise (Joint Border Management. Information Sharing and Other Matters) Amendment Bill 2010. The Bill and its associated documents are viewable under the Legal documents section, using the category filter 'Customs bills'.
Regulatory impact statements
Regulatory impact statements are documents prepared by the New Zealand Customs Service. Their purpose is to provide timely analysis of the regulatory and compliance impacts that might be expected from amendments to the Customs and Excise Act, and other associated legislation.
Regulatory impact statements are viewable under the Legal documents section.