- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled areas
- Excise forms and documents
Advice for licensed manufacturing areas affected by earthquake
Customs is aware the 7.5 magnitude earthquake, which struck in North Canterbury on Monday 14 November, may have caused stock damage or loss for licensed manufacturers of alcohol, particularly in the Wellington, Wairarapa, and Nelson Marlborough regions.
We wish to remind affected clients there is provision in the Customs & Excise Regulations 1996 for remission of duty on goods that are:
- Damaged or deteriorated in condition; or
- Destroyed or lost.
The goods must have been damaged or lost while still in the control of Customs.
A report of damaged or lost stock should be made to your local Customs office. Licensees should gather as much information as possible, including photographs, to support their claim.
Please note the Wellington Customhouse is currently closed, remission requests will be processed when normal service resumes.
If licensees in these areas need to urgently move stock to prevent further loss or damage, they should do so and will not be required to obtain a permit prior to the removal. Detailed records of the stock that is moved, and to where, must be kept, and forwarded by email to the appropriate office for their action as soon as possible.
For urgent enquiries regarding stock in your Customs Controlled Area, contact us on 0800 4 CUSTOMS (0800 4 28786).