- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
COVID-19 update 2 April: Temporary entry restrictions are in place at the NZ border. ONLY New Zealand residents and citizens (and their children and partners) are permitted to enter New Zealand – this includes the Realm countries (the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau), Australian citizens and permanent residents ordinarily resident in New Zealand, airline and marine crew. There will be some exceptions to the entry restrictions, on a case by case basis. For more information on the temporary entry restrictions, please refer to either the Immigration NZ website or the Ministry of Health website. More Customs’ information in relation to COVID-19, including how Customs is continuing to ensure that imports/exports clear the NZ border, is available on this website. For more information about the NZ Government’s COVID-19 response, please refer to the official COVID-19 website.
Annual Goods Client Survey 2019
Customs will run its annual Goods Clients Survey in the week commencing 1st July.
This survey involves sending a questionnaire to a random selection of organisations and private individuals who have either moved goods across the border within the last financial year (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2019) or who have been excise clients during that time.
The survey provides important customer feedback and identifies opportunities to improve our service delivery and customer experience.
Participants are contacted by email using the address associated with their client code.
If you have any questions, please contact the Performance, Analysis and Reporting team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.