- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
On Monday 20 January it's Wellington Anniversary Day and Wellington Customhouse will be closed to the public and will reopen on Tuesday 21 January.
Competency assessment for excise agents
Last year an update to Trade Single Window (TSW) added the ability for registered users to lodge excise entries, also referred to in TSW as excise declarations.
Customs has been working with excise licensees since that time to help them become registered users in TSW, and obtain declarant codes.
Recognising that excise licensees may choose to seek the services of an agent to lodge entries on their behalf, Customs has developed an agent competency assessment for excise declarations.
Similar to the other competency assessments that Customs administers, this is designed to test the depth of knowledge around the excise regime and the responsibilities of a customs agent.
Upon successful completion of the assessment you will be given permission to lodge excise declarations on behalf of excise licensees for all excisable goods i.e. alcohol, fuel, and tobacco products.
This may be restricted to a particular commodity if appropriate for your level of knowledge, or the range of clients you wish to submit excise declarations for.
If you are interested in acting in this capacity, please contact the excise officer at your local Customs office for further information.