- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
On Monday 20 January it's Wellington Anniversary Day and Wellington Customhouse will be closed to the public and will reopen on Tuesday 21 January.
Goods affected by Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
On Sunday 13 January 2019, the Ministry for Primary Industries directed the WWL Parsifal (Roll on Roll Off Carrier) to leave New Zealand due to Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs.
Cargo from decks 4, 4b, 5 and 6 were granted clearance to discharge and all other cargo remained on board.
Customs advice is as follows:
Brokers/declarants are to amend their original import declarations to change the date of importation, voyage number, and ship if necessary.
Amending the entry will not affect duty, GST and other charges debited to the Broker Deferred and Client Deferred accounts when the original Import Entries were cleared. This is because those charges are triggered by Entry Clearance, not date of importation.
The original entry charges will appear as usual on deferred payment account statements for the period, and GST registered entities can claim GST credits from Inland Revenue.
If you wish to have the entry charges temporarily delayed from being debited from a deferred account, please email your request to email@example.com quoting your Customs client code and Customs entry number.
Customs will consider your request on a case by case basis.