- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy rate changes
New levy rates will apply to the Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) Levy on 1 January 2018.
New levy rates and additional goods will apply to the Synthetic Greenhouse Gas (Goods) levy on 1 January 2018. The Climate Change (Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Levies) Amendment Regulations 2017 (Schedule 2) provide the levy rate changes and expands the levy to some new goods and gases.
Customs collects the levy on imported goods containing hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and perfluorocarbons (PFCs), including fridges, freezers, heat pumps, air-conditioners, and refrigerated trailers.
Synthetic greenhouse gas goods imported after midnight on 31 December 2017 will be subject to the new rates.
For further information contact Customs on 0800 786 (0800 4 CUSTOMS).