- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
COVID-19 update: New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1 except for Auckland which is at Alert Level 2. Travel restrictions are in place at the border. There are no restrictions on the movement of freight. Visit the COVID-19 section of this website, or the official COVID-19 website, for more information.
Take a look at the disclaimer and conditions relating to the use and content of this website.
The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information available on or through this website. However, New Zealand Customs Service:
- may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice; and
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. The New Zealand Customs Service neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites; and
- disclaims any and all responsibility for any inaccuracy, error, or any other deficiency in the information, and also fully excludes any and all liability of any kind to any person or entity (whether a user of this website or not) that chooses to rely upon the information.
The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. It is not intended to take the place of, or to represent the written law of, New Zealand or other official guidelines or requirements.
Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service whether by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the New Zealand government or the New Zealand Customs Service.
However, if you have any doubts or questions about the information on this site, please contact us.
Links to other sites
This website provides links to third party websites. These sites are independent and we don’t accept any liability for their accuracy or content. You rely on information on those websites at your own risk.
These sites may contain information that under the copyright by third parties and subject to restrictions on reuse. You must request permission to use copyrighted materials from other websites from the relevant copyright owner.
Links from other sites to this one
You are welcome to create a hyperlink from another website to this one. However, the link must not be presented on your website in any context that implies that this website has an association with your site, or endorses your site or product. The New Zealand Customs Service logo may not be used on your site without Customs’ permission.