- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 25 February: Travel restrictions are in place at the border. Only travellers arriving in NZ on flights from Australia, Singapore and the United States will be allowed to use eGates. All other travellers are now required to have their passports physically checked by a Customs officer. We ask for your ongoing understanding and patience as we protect NZ from the Novel Coronavirus. More information. If you have an immigration enquiry about travelling to NZ from China or transiting through China, please refer to the Immigration website.
We try to make our website safe, secure and accurate but, as technology changes and hackers get more advanced, the more risk there is.
There have been cases where people have acted in good faith in reporting website vulnerabilities but they have been punished for doing so.
We want to provide an environment where people who discover a problem with any of our websites are comfortable reporting it.
To encourage this we have a guide covering how we would like the reporting of vulnerabilities to occur so that we and the reporter can work together to keep our websites, data and information safe and secure.