From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Service charter and standards
Our Service Charter
We are committed to service excellence. We want to make it easy for you to comply with Customs requirements.
This charter sets out what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
What you can expect from us
- Provide you with the information and support you need to meet Customs requirements
- Treat you fairly, consistently, and with respect
- Be professional, open, and act with integrity
- Respond to you in a timely manner and keep you informed of progress
- Protect your information and respect your privacy
- Do our best to understand your needs and, where possible, deliver services to meet your needs
- Respond appropriately if you bend or break the law.
What we expect from you
- Take care to get things right and if you are not sure, seek our advice – help us to help you
- Respect our role and the job we do, even if you do not agree with our decisions
- Be open and honest when dealing with us
- Respond to us in a timely manner
- Help us to keep our staff safe when they interact with you
- Tell us how we can improve our services and help us make it easy for you to meet our requirements
- Use our full range of services to help you comply, and protect New Zealand.
See our Service Charter (PDF 1 MB) for more information.
Our Service Standards
Our Service Standards (PDF 643 KB) outline what our customers can expect when they interact with us when entering or leaving the country, importing or exporting goods, or seeking information. These standards will continue to evolve and grow.
We welcome your feedback.