- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
Service charter and standards
Our Service Charter
We are committed to service excellence. We want to make it easy for you to comply with Customs requirements.
This charter sets out what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
What you can expect from us
- Provide you with the information and support you need to meet Customs requirements
- Treat you fairly, consistently, and with respect
- Be professional, open, and act with integrity
- Respond to you in a timely manner and keep you informed of progress
- Protect your information and respect your privacy
- Do our best to understand your needs and, where possible, deliver services to meet your needs
- Respond appropriately if you bend or break the law.
What we expect from you
- Take care to get things right and if you are not sure, seek our advice – help us to help you
- Respect our role and the job we do, even if you do not agree with our decisions
- Be open and honest when dealing with us
- Respond to us in a timely manner
- Help us to keep our staff safe when they interact with you
- Tell us how we can improve our services and help us make it easy for you to meet our requirements
- Use our full range of services to help you comply, and protect New Zealand.
See our Service Charter (PDF 1 MB) for more information.
Our Service Standards
Our Service Standards outline what our customers can expect when they interact with us when entering or leaving the country, importing or exporting goods, or seeking information. These standards will continue to evolve and grow.
We welcome your feedback.