- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
WTO - IT Agreement Concessions being transferred
New Zealand has been implementing the agreed tariff elimination under the World Trade Organization – Information Technology Agreement (WTO-ITA) though a tariff concession (Reference Number 60) under Part II of the Tariff.
The Tariff (World Trade Organization Information Technology Agreement) Amendment Order 2017 transfers the current tariff treatment for WTO – ITA goods from Part II to the Part I of the Tariff. Moving these goods directly into Part I of the tariff will improve the transparency of the tariff treatment of the covered goods. This amendment will not alter the tariff rates for these goods.
The amendment order comes into force on 1 October 2017. Replacement tariff pages will be issued prior to this date.
For further information, please see the Working Tariff Document section or contact us on 0800 428 786 (0800 4 CUSTOMS).