- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled areas
- Excise forms and documents
Working Tariff Document
The Working Tariff Document of New Zealand is a consolidation of two legislative bases, namely – the Tariff Act 1988 and the Customs & Excise Act 2018.
The Working Tariff Document
The Working Tariff Document of New Zealand (WTD) has been reprinted due to the significant changes introduced under the Tariff (CPTPP) Amendment Order 2018. The new WTD implements New Zealand’s tariff phasing commitments under the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement as of 30 December 2018.
The reprint also consolidates the extensive amendments that have been made to the WTD since the last reprint including the removal of outdated preferential tariff rate phasing and a small number of other technical corrections and realignments of a textual nature. View the WTD.