- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
A client code is a unique number that identifies individual importers and exporters.
Client codes are only issued to New Zealand entities (such as registered New Zealand companies). A client code is required as part of the import and export entry preparation for shipments valued at NZ$1000 or more.
If you think you may already have a client code, please get in touch with our National Contact Centre to confirm.
If you don't have a client code your broker can apply for this on your behalf, discuss this with your broker, or you can apply for a client code yourself. To do this:
- complete form NZCS 224: Trade Single Window – Client Registration Application (DOC 534 KB)
- include the required identity documents
- email or fax to Customs via the email or fax number provided on the form.
For more information see import entry process.