From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Deferred accounts for importers
Our deferred payment scheme allows you to defer payment of Customs charges.
- defer paying your Customs charges for up to 7 weeks, with a minimum of 3 weeks
- settle a month’s transactions with a single payment.
You can defer paying:
- Customs duties
- Good and Services Tax (GST)
- the Heavy Engineering Research Association (HERA) levy
- the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) levy on alcohol
- the Import entry transaction fee (IETF)
- the Ministry for Primary Industries biosecurity levy.
You can’t defer paying:
- simplified import entries, unless you use an importer code
- assessment notices
- temporary import entries
- sight entries
- additional duty notices.