Deferred accounts for importers
Our deferred payment scheme allows you to defer payment of Customs charges.
- defer paying your Customs charges for up to 7 weeks, with a minimum of 3 weeks
- settle a month’s transactions with a single payment which is due by the 20th of the following month.
You can defer paying:
- Customs duties
- Good and Services Tax (GST)
- the Heavy Engineering Research Association (HERA) levy
- the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) levy on alcohol
- the Import entry transaction fee (IETF)
- the Ministry for Primary Industries biosecurity levy.
You can’t defer paying:
- simplified import entries, unless you use an importer code
- assessment notices
- temporary import entries
- sight entries.