- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
COVID-19 update: New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1 except for Auckland which is at Alert Level 2. Travel restrictions are in place at the border. There are no restrictions on the movement of freight. Visit the COVID-19 section of this website, or the official COVID-19 website, for more information.
Set up your deferred account
Follow the instructions below to set up a deferred account.
Apply for deferred payments
Apply online at Business Connect. You will need a:
- RealMe logon
- New Zealand Business Number for your business
- completed NZCS 615: Authority to Accept Direct Debits (NZCS 615) (DOC 149 KB)
- copy of your businesses current balance sheet, if you want a credit limit of $50,000 or less signed by director or owner
- copy of your businesses latest full set of financial statements, if you want a credit limit of more than $50,000 signed by director or owner.
If you're applying on behalf of a trust, you must also provide:
- a copy of the trust deed
- what type of trust it is, eg qualifying, non-qualifying, foreign
- where it’s based (“place of domicile”)
- its structure, including what type of directorate it has
- how much the trustee company is worth.
If we approve your application, please let us know if any of the details on the written confirmation we send you are wrong.
Guarantee your account
We may need you to give us a bank or equivalent guarantee if you’re:
- an overseas registered company
- a trust
- an insolvent company, or a person with a history of bankruptcy.
You must complete an NZCS 608: Guarantee for payment of sums due (DOC 247 KB).
The guarantor must:
- be an appropriate NZ-based bank or finance company
- agree to cover every deferred payment up to an overall maximum amount.
The amount of security you’ll need is normally what your deferred charges might be over a 2 month period.
We also accept cash deposits into our trust account.
Change your details
To change your bank account details, we need a completed NZCS 615: Authority to accept direct debits (DOC 267 KB) form at least 10 working days before your direct debit is due.
You can send this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org