- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
We manage a large amount of private and commercial information.
The way we see it, our data is really your data - any information you give us is still your information.
We’re only interested in information we need to keep our border safe and secure – no more, no less.
That’s why we try to keep it simple, with streamlined services and processes to save you time and minimise our contact with you.
We also have checks and processes to make sure we safeguard your information.
We collect information for a variety of purposes, including:
- facilitating people, goods and craft across the border
- collecting Crown revenue
- investigating risks to the border.
The following pages you can find some detail about why we collect information, and what we do with it, such as why and on what basis we may share it with other agencies.