- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
- Advice for exporters, importers and businesses
- Movement of goods
- Customs duties
- Excise clients
- Goods clearance fees deferral
- Lodging of Import Declarations
- Movement of critical supplies
- NZ Maritime Border Controls
- Permits and Carnets
- Point of Care test kits
- Public counters
- Tariff Concessions
- Trade enquiries
Your personal information
We know your privacy is important to you - it matters to us too!
Are you a traveller or a trader? A local or a visitor?
We come across people from all walks of life crossing our borders. Most are low risk. But not all.
It’s our job is to stop any dangers, hazards or threats entering NZ - with your help.
We’re using technology where we can to find the information we need without risking personal privacy. That’s quite a challenge.
Your personal information is necessary to help us keep everyone in NZ safe. In return we treat your information with care and respect.