- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
On Monday 20 January it's Wellington Anniversary Day and Wellington Customhouse will be closed to the public and will reopen on Tuesday 21 January.
Your data journey
Every day we touche the lives of people travelling or doing business across our borders.
NZ’s well-being is our number one priority. It’s our job is to stop any dangers, hazards or threats entering NZ – with your help.
Discover what information we collect, store and share from travellers and traders to ensure NZ’s security and well-being.
Your arrival preparations
Before you arrive in NZ we’re already preparing for your arrival. Find out how your information helps us smooth your way into NZ and also keeps the border safe and secure.
Your data departure
Heading off overseas? Find out what information we collect about you and how it's used from the moment you book until your flight takes off. It's all part of a data trail designed to keep our borders safe and secure.