- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Excise forms and documents
Your data journey
Every day Customs touches the lives of people travelling or doing business across our borders.
New Zealand’s well-being is our number one priority. It’s our job is to stop any dangers, hazards or threats entering New Zealand – with your help.
Discover what information we collect, store and share from travellers and traders to ensure New Zealand’s security and well-being.
Your arrival preparations
Before you arrive in New Zealand we’re already preparing for your arrival. Find out how your information helps us smooth your way into New Zealand and also keeps the border safe and secure.