- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled areas
- Excise forms and documents
Register as a commercial exporter
Information about cargo and craft departing NZ must be reported to Customs.
If you’re exporting goods worth more than NZ$1,000, you need a client code. A broker can apply for this on your behalf, or you can complete the NZCS 224.
Client code applications and information on goods departing New Zealand need to be submitted through Trade Single Window (TSW).
For more information on TSW go to the TSW Getting Started section