Skip to main content
Page load in progress

Selecting a Transport Partner

The role of transport operators in a secure supply chain and how that applies to you as an exporter.

The companies that transport your shipping containers or air freight packages must be Secure Exports Scheme (SES) approved transport partners. This means Customs has assessed their security practices and recognised them as being part of a secure supply chain.

Sea Freight

If you are an SES partner who ships sea freight, you must use an approved transport operator to transport your goods to port or between loading sites.

If the transport partner is going to store your loaded and sealed containers on their site they must also be approved for storage.

Transport partners have completed a Customs security plan and are aware of the expectations that are placed on them and the standards which they must meet.

If you are considering joining the scheme, notify your transport operator as early as possible so they can begin their own application to becoming a transport partner.

Air Freight

If your goods are sent by air freight, you must use a Regulated Air Cargo Agent (RACA) to transport your goods to the airport.

You do not have to tell Customs which RACA you use and your current transport operator is likely to be a RACA already.

RACAs are approved by the Civil Aviation Authority, and more information can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority website.