Request for Tenders: Cook Islands technical assistance required
Cook Islands technical assistance to allow sustainable financing for Waste Management Scheme Implementation
The Cook Islands, through Infrastructure Cook Islands, is seeking to introduce a Sustainable Financing waste management initiative, where a Deposit and Fee will be collected upon the importation of certain goods and used for waste management purposes. The Cook Islands is currently implementing the ASYCUDA World web-based border management system. They are currently using HS 2017 codes and will also use HS 2022 once released later in 2022. This system will be used to identify and capture the ARFD Deposit and Fee upon import to the Cook Islands.
To enable the Cook Islands Customs Service to accurately identify and collect the ARFD Deposit and Fees, PacWastePlus seeks to engage a Technical Expert to undertake an exercise to:
- Utilising the HS2017 and HS022 Tariff for classification, determine Customs Tariff codes for the 50 products that will be included in the ARFD programme (attached as appendix I)
- Undertake a Tariff Classification exercise to determine codes to the statistical unit level which will allow the Cook Islands Customs Service to programme ASYCUDA World to correctly capture the ARFD Fee when imported goods are cleared through the system.
- Complete pilot testing to ensure Cook Islands Customs can capture the ARFD Deposit and Fee against the tariff item (code) statistical unit
Download tender documentation:
- PWP-112-CON Request for Tenders: Cook Islands Technical Assistance for Tariff Classification to allow Sustainable Financing for Waste Management Scheme Implementation (PDF 536 KB)
- PWP-112 Application Form (DOCX 157 KB)
- Declaration of Honour Form (DOCX 27 KB)
- SPREP Services Agreement (PDF 586 KB)
Tenders required by: Monday 1 August 2022 at midnight.